Thursday, June 11, 2009

Over the hill and through the desert??

So Wyatt and I made the exciting trip to Hobbs from Farmington yesterday... after sleeping through my alarm we left around 9:00 AM. I was dreading the trip to ABQ, little did I know what was to come.
We arrived at out house at 11:00 to get the remainder of our things. It was hard in the fact that trying to pack up a car with a 13 month old is nearly impossible. Then we went to Kyla's to pack up some meat that I had left in her freezer (Thank you Kyla). :) I fed Wyatt and we were on our way around one.

I stopped to get gas at smiths, checked my Transmission fluid and it was low... added a 1/2 of pint... (after calling Travis' mom and having her call his dad to see where exactly I which hole to put it in).
I don't know if any of you have driven to Hobbs before, but let me tell you, there is NOTHING!!




I40 wasn't bad, but then when I exited on to 285 to sign said 140 miles... I thought I can handle that...

So then I came upon a town called Encino, and I just thought to myself, please don't let my car break down, this looks like one of the towns off of a horror film...









After Vaughn I was thinking to myself I swear I have gone 150 miles. I was going like 90 and I wasn't getting any were. Look at the picture 100 miles later and it looks the SAME!!










On a very high note Wyatt and Max made them selves comfortable.










FINALLY we got to Roswell and stopped at Walmart to buy Wyatt a Barney movie for being so good, plus we needed to get out of the car, and another pint of Transmission fluid... So I am sure you are wondering what I did with Max. Well after letting him pee I left the car on and locked it with my key fob because it was 90 Degrees out side!!! I just need to say that some of the people in Roswell and Weird, and look at the window of walmart...



I couldn't help but Laugh.


So we made it to Hobbs about 7:00. Wyatt, the dog, and fish from Cristin's wedding and I all survived.


Wyatt doesn't even seem to notice that we have changed houses. He has played all day and is Happy as a clown...


Max on the other hand isn't taking it so well. I thought that he would enjoy being an inside dog, but I think he misses Bo. He did loose his best friend, his freedom and his yard :(

I am sure he will survive. This was nap time today.



I have worked all day on putting things in their place, some how (with a toddler) as soon as they are put up, there mysteriously end up out again. I will post pictures as soon as I get things looking half way decent. :) See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. Well, now you're officially a construction electrician's wife. Chasing your husband across the country. Well, state. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete